I always loved playing tag when I was a kid. I hated being ”it” back then though. First, it means you were caught by whoever was “it” before you. And then there’s just something about being deemed the bad guy, as everyone screams and runs away from you. The feeling is ranked right up there with someone telling everyone else that you have ”the cooties”.
But thanks to Sharon over at Hyperactive Inefficiency, I have the chance to be “it” again.
Just kidding, Sharon. Actually, I take it as a compliment, and welcome the challenge as I’ve stumbled headfirst into some writer’s block lately. By the way, everyone should go check out her blog, Hyperactive Inefficiency. Sharon is quite the witty blogger.
So here are the rules:
- Post the rules.
- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
- Create 11 new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
- Tag 11 people and link them to your post.
- Let them know you’ve tagged them!
And now for my question/answer session:
1. Who would you pick for your celebrity wife and/or husband?
Tough one, since I’m married, but I refuse to take a pass on Question #1, so I’m going for it. Now there was a time when Mr. Brad Pitt would have been my obvious choice. But quite frankly, I’m scared as hell of Angelina. Besides, all those kids would be way more than I could handle. When would I find time to blog? Soooo, I’ve decided to revert to my old celebrity crush, Rob Estes. Now if you don’t remember him, you must not have been a faithful fan of the original Silk Stalkings. And you may have also somehow missed his run on one of my favorite old shows–Melrose Place. Anyhow, I thought he’d look nice on my page:
2. What’s your favorite time of day?
Easy one. When the clock strikes 5:00, especially on Fridays.
3. What are some of your relationship deal-breakers?
Again, I’m married, so apparently nothing’s broken that deal yet. But thinking back, I’ll go with unfaithfulness, lying, cheating, impregnating someone…and bad breath.
4. How many times did you change your major in a university and why or why not?
Not once, but I should have. I was determined to become a big advertising copywriter in New York City where I would write brilliant commercials that would air during the Superbowl. Instead, I remain in the South working in the software industry. Not that I’m bitter or anything.
5. What’s your theme song?
Always one to try to find the perfect song for every occasion, I lost sleep over this one. My theme song could change at any given time. I really want to say “Heart of the Matter” by Don Henley, because it is THE best song ever written. Bob Seger’s “Against The Wind” is another great one. I AM older now and I AM still running against the wind, yet that’s not it either.
My daughter chose “Forever Young”.
So let’s just stay in the moment, smoke some weed, drink some wine,
Reminisce, talk some shit, forever young is in your mind,
Leave a mark that can’t erase neither space nor time,
So when the director yells cut, I’ll be fine, I’m forever young.
Great song, but I’m not sure that’s fitting either. And I don’t smoke weed.
I’m up for suggestions as I look for a song that fits my moody ways, starting with a soft ballad that morphs into a head-banging rap song, and is then intertwined with some obscenity-laced rap. I think it may have to be a Kid Rock song. I’ll get back to you on this one.
6. What do you think people most frequently say about you behind your back?
Well, my daughter says I have a flat butt. She tells me that to my face though, so instead, I’ll go with “Man, she’s put on some weight”.
7. Do you feel your zodiac sign or Chinese astrological animal accurately represents you?
I’m Leo the Lion. Rawwr! And yes, I just made a paw gesture to my screen. My sign is fitting in some ways, because I can be a dominating and bossy when I feel like it. But then while I may sometimes THINK I’m the life of the party, I’m pretty sure I’m delusional. Maybe I’m on the cusp, but I don’t know enough about astrology to really get what that means.
8. Who would star as you in the made for TV movie about the most interesting year of your life?
Well, it would have to be Valerie Bertinelli. First, she’s the queen of made-for-TV movies. Second, she can act. And third, she still has great hair, and even though I don’t, I think it’s okay that she looks way better than me.
9. And what is the title of said best-selling memoir?
No idea. I’m going back to Bob Seger with “Against the Wind”.
10. Name two posts you believe should’ve most definitely been Freshly Pressed.
I’m a little bitter about In Search Of A Cure-All. That one just fell right by the wayside, and apparently no one ever googles Vitameatavegamin. I can’t imagine why.
And then there was Slow Death By Banking, where I went off on Bank of America for announcing that they were going to charge fees for debit card usage. I was just sure that the timeliness of the post, combined with my fiery passion and natural wit, would plop me right on that Freshly Pressed page. Yet nothing. Looking back, the title is lame, and so is the feature image. So now I’ve decided that I will change the title and repost this whenever BOA reconsiders charging those fees. Oh wait, they already have…
Anyway, if you see a polished version of this come back through, pretend you don’t notice and “like” it anyway.
And now for my made-up question….
11. Do you have a weird physical feature?
Yes. I have a crooked middle finger on my right hand that is a result of being totally inept at softball when I was young. I broke it the day before my piano recital (yes, I was a dork) and I had to perform “Buzzing Bee” with a swollen middle finger that I had to use to run up all the keys at the end of the song. I was in agony. But the show MUST go on.
It comes in handy now because I can flip a wicked bird when I need to.
And now for the fun part. Here are MY questions for those of you I’ve tagged:
- What is the last thing that made you laugh out loud?
- Which sitcom family, new or old, most resembles YOUR family?
- Do you like your first name? You don’t have to tell what it is–just WHY you like or don’t like it. And if you don’t like it, what do you wish you had been named?
- What’s the last stupid thing you did?
- You can have only one of these: Looks, Fame, or Fortune. Which do you choose and why?
- Name a musical artist that you like, but might cause people to make fun of you if they know that you like them.
- What is something you do that drives your significant other crazy? If you have no significant other, substitute a parent or friend.
- Name a celebrity that you just wish would go away.
- What adjective would people who know you most likely use to describe you? Just one word.
- What’s your favorite smell?
- Make up your question.
And now for the lucky bloggers who’ve been tagged. I can’t wait to see the answers the authors of these blogs come up with:
Have fun with it, and pass along the favor…not to me again, but to a fellow blogger. And if you choose NOT to complete this mission, I may have to tell everyone that you have “the cooties”.