I am honored…truly honored. But I find myself unprepared and don’t have a speech ready, so let me just thank all those who made this possible (WordPress, Ms. Mouse, my parents, my 4th grade teacher, blah, blah and blah) and leave it at that.
Today I am a recipient of the Versatile Blogger Award which means someone chose my blog as one of their 15 featured blogs. I would like to humbly accept this award and am prepared to pay it forward to 15 other bloggers.
My thanks again to Ms. Mouse for the award. A baby boomer learning to cope with empty nest syndrome, she has a great site at Ms. Mouse Cleans House. Go check it out.
Now to complete my assignment as an award recipient, I must agree to the following conditions:
- Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass this Award along to 15 recently discovered blogs and let them know about it!
First, about myself:
1. I majored in Advertising/Public Relations. My goal was to move to New York and work as an advertising copywriter. Specifically, I wanted to write beer commercials. Instead, I remain in SC working in Information Technology. I'm not bitter.
2. I've watched Goodfella's at least 142 times. Runner-up movie is Urban Cowboy.
3. I hate waiting in line for anything.
4. I'm a simple person. Give me a hamburger/fries combo and I'm completely comforted.
5. In spite of #4, I'm always getting ready to start a diet…on Monday.
6. I have a fear of lizards. Not that I think they'll hurt me, but because they represent evil to me.
7. My nickname is Crash. I'm the self-proclaimed Queen of the Fender Bender.
And now may I present the Versatile Blogger Awards to other worthy recipients. My fondness for humor blogs combined with my hope to provide a boost to some fellow blogging has brought me to this selection of 17 (I never was one to follow the rules) blogs I hope you all decide to visit:
Pshew…this took a little work, but I like the idea of spreading the word on quality blogs. Enjoy!